Design to expand a Massachusetts municipal solid waste landfill on 70 adjacent acres extended the life of the site by 20 years. Brown and Caldwell provides ongoing engineering, consulting and construction management services to the operator, Waste Management, including assisting in the closure of unlined portions of the landfill, the development of lined cells, the closure of lagoons used to store leachate and the implementation of a landfill gas collection and control system.
Related Technical Papers
- Framework for Integrating Sustainability Into Remediation Projects
- Use of Mercury Speciation to Support Alternate Remediation Standards and Cost-Effective Remediation
- Perimeter Air Monitoring for Soil Remediation
- Consideration of the Effects of Remediation Technologies on Natural Attenuation
- How “Green” Can We Get with Remediation? A life-cycle comparison between a conventional P&T approach vs. a “green” technology to treat a large PCE plume
- Impact of Irreversible Sorption On Bioavailability, Risk Assessment, and Site Remediation