ITT (now Xylem) Water & Wastewater Leopold Business Unit that has provided Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) systems to the municipal potable water treatment market since the early 1990s. This chapter of Evolutionary Progress in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) will discuss the DAF process and the high-rate Clari-DAF® system design criteria. It will also present data from pilot studies and case studies of full-scale Clari-DAF® plants in operation showing expected performance through the system.
Operation and Performance of Clari-DAF® System for Water Purification
Authors: Joseph M. Wong, PE, BCEE, James E. Farmerie, and Lawrence K. Wang, PhD, PE, BCEE
"Evolutionary Progress in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM)", Volume 1, Number 7, July 2019
Recent Papers and Reports
- Modeling Guidance for Developing Site Specific Nutrient Goals – Demonstration, Screening-Level Application
- Landfill leachate contributes per-/poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) and pharmaceuticals to municipal wastewater
- Smart Utility as a Technology Platform: Setting the Course to Become a Smart Utility
- Evaluation of Short-Term Biosolids Management Options in Response to a Settlement Agreement
- When the Receiving Water is your Drinking Water: Storm Water BMPs for Source Water Protection
- The Removal of Alkylphenol Ethoxylate Surfactants in Activated Sludge Systems.
- Rational Method For The Design Of Organic Loading Rates In A Land Application System
- Pilot Testing and Design of an Innovative Biosolids Dewatering Process for Facilities in North Carolina and Georgia
- Implementation of Advanced Asset Management Principles and Benefits Achieved at the Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District
- Hydraulic Challenges of Designing for a High-Capacity and High-Head Pump Station