April 6, 2020 | 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM MST
The rapidly evolving issues that COVID-19 is bringing to water utilities across the nation are also impacting various legal aspects of their operations. Facing unfamiliar exposures and liabilities, water utilities are having to learn new ways to anticipate and address COVID-19’s legal challenges. During this webinar, legal aspects of key topics to be covered will include: enforcement and compliance issues; discretionary changes under consent orders; procurement, contracting and force majeure issues; and water utility employee health and safety related issues. This webinar brings together legal and water utility operational experts to help guide attendees through these topics and seeks to provide them with insights on how they can proactively identify and then address the legal aspects of these issues.
As a result of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand various legal aspects of water utility operations being impacted by COVID-19.
- Better meet the legal challenges of changing operational and enforcement activities related to COVID-19.
- Understand legal aspects of various water utility employee health and safety issues as a result of COVID-19 operational changes.
- Discuss challenges and options to procurement and contracts in light of changing operational needs of COVID-19.
- Randal Brown, Esq; General Counsel; Great Lakes Water Authority
- Marcia Reuben; VP, Quality and Compliance; Inframark
- Andrew Stewart, Esq; Counsel; Sidley Austin LLP