April 3, 2020 | 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM MST
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has brought on unique challenges for water professionals communicating to internal and external audiences.
In an environment of reduced public trust in government agencies, it is more important than ever to be a reassuring voice for employees and leadership navigating this constantly evolving landscape and for customers and the public who need to know about the safety of their tap water.
Principles on risk communications, using AWWA’s “Trending in an Instant: A Risk Communication Guide for Water Utilities” as a foundation, will be provided to effectively communicate to internal and external audiences about COVID-19. This webinar will provide recommendations and best practices on:
- Risk communication principles in a highly charged atmosphere
- Unique communication challenges utilities are facing and how they are responding
- Internal stakeholders – essentials of keeping everyone on the same page, including how to successfully communicate with a remote workforce
- How to equip employees and leadership for the constantly evolving communication landscape around COVID-19
- How to proactively educate and inform consumers in a way that’s suitable for this time
- Samantha Villegas, Senior Consultant, Raftelis
- Kelley Dearing Smith, Vice President – Communications and Marketing, Louisville Water Company
- Mary Gugliuzza, Media Relations and Communications Coordinator, Fort Worth Water Department
- Karen Snyder, Vice President, Katz & Associates