Brown and Caldwell Home Page

Brown and Caldwell engineers and scientists are technical and thought leaders in the environmental sector. Meet the people who have been advancing innovation for more than 70 years.
Author      Title/Abstract      

Energy Recovery From Waste and Biomass--Site-Specific Economic Studies
Author: Roger C. Bales, Ira J.Wright
Date: 7/880
Presented at the National Conference on Environmental Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, July 8-10, 1980

Southern California Edison Company is currently conducting a research and development effort directed toward constructing a commercial facility for recovery of energy from municipal refuse by the late 1980's. This effort is one element in the utility's program to develop alternate, renewable sources of energy to meet future electricity demands. Material presented in this paper describes recent studies that were undertaken to determine the site-specific economic and technical feasibility of constructing a 2,000-ton-per-day, or larger, refuse-to-energy facility at one or more sites in Southern California.

This library contains published materials for which copyrights may be owned by entities other than Brown and Caldwell, but which are stored for limited uses by BC employees. Technical papers authored by BC employees generally may be printed and shared electronically with clients and prospective clients outside BC. Technical papers cannot be sold, and technical papers shared outside BC must have proper attribution of the original sponsoring organization or conference where the paper was presented. This attribution is embedded in each technical paper file when it is loaded into this library. Published articles from magazines or trade journals which are stored in this library are FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY and SHOULD NOT be distributed to clients or others outside BC, without express permission of the copyright owner. For questions regarding copyrights associated with any document in this library, or questions regarding copyrights in general, contact the Legal Department.