Do I have to be currently enrolled in a university before I begin applying for the scholarship?
Yes, you must be a full-time student enrolled in your junior, senior year or graduate program at an accredited college/university.
What are acceptable declared majors?
Civil, chemical, electrical or environmental engineering or one of the related environmental sciences (e.g. biology, geology, hydrogeology, ecology).
What is the deadline for submission of the application?
All forms must be completed and submitted on or before the April 30th of that year.
Can I fax, mail or e-mail my application?
No, you must complete and submit your application online.
Do all forms have to be submitted together?
No. Forms can be submitted separately, however all forms must be submitted by the deadline date.
Do I need to send an official transcript?
Yes, all transcripts must be official from your college/university.
Do I need to upload the official transcript?
The official transcript must be uploaded with the online application or mailed before the deadline date.
Can transcripts be sent separately?
Yes, separate mailing is acceptable.
For the official transcripts, should they be from just graduate school or both undergraduate school and grad school?
The official transcript should be from your current enrolled school.
What is my Student id?
A student id is a unique number assigned to you by your enrolled college/university.
My grade point average is under the required criteria 3.0. Would I still be eligible to apply for your scholarships?
No, you must meet the minimum grade point average requirement.
What are the criteria for a minority?
From the Equal Employment Advisory Council, the criteria for self-identification of race/ethnicity are as follows:
Do you accept international students?
- Hispanic or Latino - a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race.
- Black or African American - A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander - A person having origins in any of the peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
- Asian - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- American Indian or Alaska Native - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintain tribal affiliation or community attachment.
- Two or More Races - All persons who identify with more than one of the above races
You must be a US citizen to apply for the scholarships.
What is the scholarship contact information?
Brown and Caldwell
Attn: HR/Scholarships Program
1527 Cole Blvd, Suite 300
Lakewood, CO 80401
If I am a junior and I am not selected for the scholarship this academic year, would I be able to reapply as a senior?
Yes, we encourage you to reapply as long as you meet each criterion.
Will notification letters be sent to all applicants whether selected or not?
Yes, notification letters will be sent to all applicants after the selection process is completed.