At Brown and Caldwell, we value diversity in the workplace, supporting organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers and the Society for Hispanic Professional Engineers. We also offer a $5,000 Minority Scholarship to support students who identify as minorities and are interested in pursuing a career in the environmental profession.
- A United States citizen or permanent resident.
- A full-time student enrolled in his/her Junior, Senior year or graduate program at an accredited college/university.
- Declared major in civil, chemical or environmental engineering or one of the environmental sciences (e.g. geology, hydrogeology, ecology).
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent on a 5.0 scale
- Identify as a member of a minority group (e.g. African American, Hispanic, Asian or Pacific American or Alaska Native).
All candidates must submit with a completed application:
- A resume.
- An essay of 250 words minimum, "Tell us about a personal experience that influenced your decision to focus on environmental studies."
- Two written recommendations, with at least one from a university official (e.g. advisor, professor).
- An official transcript of your academic record.
Scholarship funds may only be used for university/college billed expenses such as tuition.
We will be accepting 2017 applications starting at the end of March 2017.
Applications will closed and materials must be postmarked by April 30th 2017 to be considered for our 2017 scholarships.
Brown and Caldwell
Attn: HR/Scholarships Program
1527 Cole Boulevard, Suite 300
Lakewood, CO 80401